And thanks for joining! Here you will find the most important information about this community.
KYCNOT.me is a website that I created in June 2020. It is a curated list of services and exchanges that do not require you to pass a KYC process. If you want to learn more about the project, read the about page.
I created this forum to further discuss everything that is related to privacy in the Cryptocurrency world, with special focus at Monero and Bitcoin. Please, make sure to read the guidelines below and enjoy the community!
There are four levels or groups. Each level tells you how active a user is in this community. The groups are the following:
- Mods and Admins: Users from this group are the ones in charge to keep the community in a good shape. These users have special permissions.
- Sprouts: Every new member that have had a minimum activity will be in this group. If you see a member in this group, it means they are either new users or not-very-active users.
- Crows: These members are in a “mid-level”. They have been actively participating in the community.
- Dragons: These members are the highest level. They are long-time active and trusted members.
This forum is organized via tags. You should select the most appropriate tags depending on what you are trying to communicate. For example, if you wanted to talk about an exchange you should use the “Exchanges” tag. Some tags contain other sub-tags that will help you classify your post even more.
If you want to post a question, use the “Q&A” secondary tag, where you will be able to get answers and also mark the “Best Answer”. If you can't fit your post in a tag, you should post it under “Off Topic” tag. I am open to creating even more tags, so if you think there should be a new tag, just open a discussion.
There are also some limited tags. Such tags are only visible by some members from certain groups. As you participate and gain trust in the community, you will be automatically assigned to new groups and be able to see such restricted content. This is done for two motives:
- Engage users to participate and keep the community active by a kind-of gamification.
- Allow conversations aimed only to users you can trust
Make Your Content Count
You're taking the time to participate in a discussion, in the hope that others will read your ideas and take them into consideration. So why not make the effort to make your reply worth reading?
- Don't reply to a title. Take some time to read the OP, and at least scan the rest of the conversation first.
- Ask yourself if your reply adds to the discussion. If it doesn't, give it some more thought before posting.
- Avoid making one-word posts just to agree with someone; you can use the “Like” link for that.
- Avoid making multiple posts in a row when one would suffice. This is a forum, not a chat room.
- If your reply is likely to divert the course of the discussion, consider starting a new discussion instead.
- Make sure your replies provide constructive feedback and support to allow for an inclusive community.
No one's going to complain about the occasional joke or smart remark. We like to keep the mood light! But to keep things productive, as well, we ask that you try to avoid derailing a discussion altogether.
We're all here to talk about non-KYC tools and privacy. Criticizing (by means of reasoned arguments, of course) is an important part of that. But let's not get carried away and devolve into personal attacks, because negativity only gets in the way. We also ask that you avoid the following:
- Offensive or abusive language, as well as any kind of hate speech
- Posts intended to harass, impersonate, or defame others
- Unnecessary deletion of posted content
- Attempts to abuse or expose the private information of others
- Obscene or sexually explicit content
- Spam, phishing posts, and any actions intended to deface this site
- Obfuscating a link's true destination, for example with the use of link shorteners
All the above are grounds for moderator action. If you have an issue with another member, we ask that you please don't confront them yourself. Please just use the Report command on the post in question, then leave it up to the staff to deal with the situation.
Our moderators may edit or delete any content that is offensive or disruptive to the flow of communication. Serious or repeated offenses may lead to suspension of the offending user's account. So, be cool.
One of the main reasons I created this forum is to gather reviews for the listed services in KYCNOT.me from any users. This is why you can find two special categories where you can leave reviews to listed services:
Note that you can't create new discussions in these tags. You can only comment on the existing ones. There will be a discussion for each service listed.
You need to register an account to be able to participate in the community. However, you don't need to create any accounts if you only want to visit the site, read the posts on get answers to already asked questions.
When registering you are allowed to use burner emails of any kind. This is only needed to avoid bots flooding the forum.
This guidelines are based on Flarum's guidelines